Timber does not impose traditional limits on the number of fields or the depth of nesting. Instead, the limits are based on our underlying technology:
- Each log line payload (metadata included) cannot exceed
- Any field’s full path (ex:
path.to.field) cannot exceed
- Custom field values must be of a consistent type. For example, if you send
my.custom.field=1, all subsequent values for that field must also be
numbers. You cannnot send a string or a boolean, for example.
- The Timber native fields are validated to ensure consistency. Validation constraints for these fields can be found in our schema & fields doc.
Timber does not…
- Timber does not rate limit. Send data as fast as you’d like.
- Timber does not limit the number of hosts that can send send logs.
- Timber does not limit the number of custom fields you can store.
- Timber does not limit the depth of custom field nesting (beyond the 128 character limit).
- Timber does not limit the number of team members you can have.
- Timber does not limit the number apps you can have.
- Timber does not limit the number of organizations you can have.
Next: The Log Line JSON Schema