Today we did some general benchmarking of our console. While performance overall been pretty good, we identified 2 issues that will improve it further:

  1. You’ll notice a new loading screen in-between searches. It’s a simple overlay. This eliminates re-drawing in the browser, making the experience between searches much more fluid:

    Console loader

  2. We re-factored the log line rendering logic and reduced the number of rendering iterations that are performed as new lines show up.

The net result is ~60% reduction in load and rendering time based on benchmarks. We’ll continue to look for ways to push performance even further.